Background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pillow Case

Today, with the help of my mother-in-law (a quilter), I made a pillow case. We picked three different fabrics (I decided to make it for my husband), and she did the cutting (I was a bit distracted because the little one was getting hungry at that time). The technique for this pillow included a "sausage roll" for the main fabric on the inside. It was a rather intriguing technique.

I think one of the most important things that I learned was how to use a guide for the edge of the fabric (so I can sew the lines straight). She pulled out the part and I realized that I have that part for my own sewing machine. And I found it really helpful to really keep me sewing on a straight line. I will definitely be using that at home for a while until I get more practice.

I think this pattern will be one that I try out again as it makes a rather nice-looking pillowcase. I'll post a picture a little later.

Edited Jan. 6 to add a site that has a video tutorial for this very pillowcase pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment