Background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pacifier Clips and Carry Bag

I saw a really neat tutorial on Sew4Home that included pacifier clips and a matching bag to carry them in. I didn't use the tutorial for the clips (since I figured out how to make them myself), but I definitely was interested in the matching bag, so I decided to try it out.

I carefully cut out my fabric yesterday (I cut fabric for four sets using some of the fat quarters I had picked up). Today I worked with some material with cats on it. And I'm really quite happy with how it turned out. The tutorial was easy to follow and the bag itself wasn't that difficult to do.

I think the biggest thing I learned was placement of the fabric. I did manage to think about which was was right side up so that I would get the material to face the correct direction, but I didn't think too hard about which fabric would be the top piece and which the bottom. Since the top is folded in to create the place for the cord to go, the pattern at the top doesn't take up as much of the bag as the bottom one. And for this particular set of fabric, I would have rather seen more of the cat faces and less of the yarn and paws. So if I were to use this exact fabric again, I would have switched them. But it definitely gives me something to think about in picking out placement for future bags.

So this was a really fun project and one I'll definitely be making again (and again).

No comments:

Post a Comment